Gemco Mixer Repair
- Agitator Assemblies
- Air Rotary union Seal Replacement (blenders only)
- Air Rotary union Seal Replacement (dryers only)
- Automatic Air Line Oiler
- Blender, Dryer and Formulator General Maintenance
- Dryer/Formulator General Installation Instructions
- Gemcomatic Blender Operating Procedures
- Leveling and Aligning your blender, dryer or Formulator
- Mores Clutch Removal
- Sumimoto Buddy Box Removal
- Vacuum Dryer Maintenance
The General Machine Company of New Jersey (a name later shortened to GEMCO) began operations in 1916 as a general machine shop to the growing industry around Newark, NJ. During the First World War, DuPont, then a major contractor to the US Military, sought a faster and safer way to produce gunpowder. Out of this project, the double cone blender was born.
After the war’s conclusion, the growing automobile industry created additional opportunities for the blender in producing custom pigments for automobile manufacturers. Ultimately, circa 1935, the double cone tumble blender was issued its original patent.
The unique concept of the tumble blender created a demand such that it blossomed into a product line that ended GEMCO’s days as a job shop. Product development followed customer’s needs and requests; truly implementing the “innovation circle”. Today, nearly 30 different industries utilize GEMCO’s equipment.
301 Smalley Ave
Middlesex, NJ 08846